Thursday, May 17, 2007

Why is The Secret so popular?

It is fun to watch the news media try to cover the story that is The Secret. Quite a few of them are just not sure why it is so popular. It is also obvious from some of the reports that I have been seeing that very few of them really understand what the movie is about.

I will not presume to speak for others, but I will explain why it is so popular with me. One of the knocks from the press is that The Secret is not presenting anything that has not been written about before by authors like Wallace Wattles and James Allen and Charles Haanel. That is mostly true, but how many people have recently been reading the works of those authors?

Its not that The Secret is presenting brand new information, it is instead that the information that is presented is done so in such a way as it reaches many people. It certainly reached me. I know several people who have see parts of the movie and have professed no interest whatsoever in what it teaches. That is certainly fine, and is oftentimes an attitude shared by some who feel like their life is a success and they have everything that they need, so why would they need what is presented in The Secret?

But at the time that I was introduced to the movie, I was looking for something better, or at least a better explanation for what currently was. The movie answered both of those questions for me in one movie! Through watching the movie and writing my Research Paper about it, I have learned how my life came to be where it is now. I also learned of several small things that I could to to make it incrementally better.

I have put what it suggests that one do into practice on several occasions. One of the things I did was build this website, also I started this blog. My wife is building a Network Marketing business with Arbonne International. We are learning so many new and cool things because of these steps we have taken; and once we have learned enough, we expect we will be able to replace our working for others income with these new endeavors.

Ultimately, I have learned that I need to make every effort to be paid for the things that I love doing, which for me is writing and public speaking. Although I do like my current work for someone else job, I do not get to write or do public speaking with it. The Secret said "Follow Your Bliss . . .", and my life is much more exciting now as I am trying to do that.

Joseph

No comments: